Food & Non-Art Vendors
GOT A PERMIT? All food vendors are required to hold a temporary restaurant license or have a licensed domestic kitchen.

(See our permit page to find more information on permits.)

Here is the link to the new food code changes. It includes the new sanitation rules and fact sheets for operators which are very informative and available for download.

There are no fees or designated spots. Please refrain from vending in the street, keep customers on the sidewalk.

Get your applications here or

Here is the link to the new food code changes. It includes the new sanitation rules and fact sheets for operators which are very informative and available for download.



Domestic Kitchens are home kitchens that may be used to cook/prepare food that will be sold. They are approved and licensed by the Oregon Department of Agriculture – Food Safety Division. The license runs for 1 year and is much lower than a temporary restaurant permit.

Some of the foods included in this license include:

Brownies- Pastries- Muffins- Pies

Cakes- Cupcakes- Breads- Jams/Jellies

A Domestic Kitchen license allows you to wholesale your goods or sell-direct at venues like Last Thursday or Farmer’s Markets.

If you are interested in licensing your kitchen or learning more, please contact the Oregon Department of Agriculture, Food Safety Division


There are some foods that are exempt from licensure:

-cookies, confections, cotton candy, popcorn, nuts, and candied apples

-commercially packaged items: ice-cream, frozen desserts, potato chips, pretzels and crackers

-commercially processed pickles and jerky

-coffee (not espresso) and tea (no powdered creamers) and canned or bottled pop

-food samples


HAND WASHING! This may be the most important way to prevent foodborne illness, just as it is the most effective way to stop the spread of the cold and flu virus. Provide a temporary hand wash station with warm water, soap and paper towels.
SEPARATE! Don’t cross contaminate! This occurs when bacteria is passed from one food product to another, and is especially common when handling raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs. Keep these foods and their juices away from ready-to-eat foods (salads, lettuce, tomatoes, fruits, etc.). Store raw animal meats in separate ice chests from ready-to-eat foods or always store raw animal meats on the lowest shelf of a refrigerator.
COOK TO PROPER TEMPERATURES! Bacteria love when foods that have not reached proper temperatures, so grab your thermometer and check before serving (chicken=165°F, hamburger=155°F, sausage=155°F, hot dogs=145°F, pork=145°F).
HOLD/STORE FOODS PROPERLY! Cold temperatures slow growth of bacteria, so keep your refrigerator at 41 degrees F or below. When using ice, store food so that the product is below the level of the ice or make sure that the food item is totally covered. Hot temperatures also slow growth of bacteria so keep your hot foods at 140 degrees F or above. Store cooked foods in a warmer, or on the grill to maintain a minimum temperature of 140 degrees F.
SERVE SAFE FOOD! Obtain food from approved sources – retail stores, farmers markets, wholesalers, etc.
Remember Last Thursday is a free and Leave No Trace event. In order to keep it that way, we kindly remind you that FoLT is not equipped to be your trash provider. It is essential that you responsibly provide trash/recycling receptacles for your customers and pack out your garbage when you go!


Vendors – make sure you have your hand washing stations on site.


There are 3 ways to operate a non-licensed public tea or lemonade stand:

Offer individual-sized commercially packaged bottle/can/box.

-served unopened to your customer

-ok to keep it cold in store-bought ice

Pour your drinks from a commercially packaged jug or large bottle into cups without ice.

-you can keep the jugs/bottles cold in store-bought ice

-you may not serve ice with your drinks

Bottled water and packaged drink mix

-give your customers bottled water, drink mix, and a drinking cup for them to mix it in

-customers must mix it themselves with a disposable spoon or stirrer

If you are still in need of a temporary license to serve food for Last Thursday, please visit the FoLT Information Booth between 19th & 20th to buy a license on the day of the event.



Last Thursday on Alberta is a noisy place, no question about it. Music, laughter, performance art, chanting, shouting, singing and drumming are all part of the experience. A loud, poorly exhausting generator, however, should not be part of the mix. Generators fall under noise control laws and if your generator is audible more than 100 ft, you will not be able to vend.

You should first consider environmentally friendly energy solutions but if you do choose to use a generator, please be considerate of others by following these guidelines:

Bring the quietest and smallest generator that meets your actual needs. Larger generators are more difficult to transport, use more fuel and create more pollution.

Make sure people can’t trip over any power cords.

Please cover your generator with a sound shield or baffle. To make:
Two pieces of plywood is the bare minimum – lean them over your gennie like a sandwich-board and put a hinge between them for some stability. Five pieces is much more stable, creating four sides and a top. This will reduce the noise output dramatically, as well as providing shade that can reduce the risk of your engine overheating. Be careful though – your box needs enough airflow to ensure it doesn’t become an oven. So make sure it’s big enough to allwo your generator to breathe.

For maximum hushing action, add sound-dampening materials to the inside walls. Soft foam works well for this. Remember to keep at least one ‘door’ to the box so that you can get in to service the generator, or refill it without spilling gas all over the wood.